Licensing Instrumentation ActiveX Controls - What do you need ?
There are two variables that determine what kind of license you
need to purchase - whether you are using the OPC capabilities or not and whether you are creating an application for one
computer only or multiple computers.
- For development purposes, where you will be accessing our
properties pages and writing code using the controls, you will need a license for each development computer on which
you intend to use the controls.
- Base Development License: When you purchase a base development license, you are granted rights to
develop on one computer and distribute the controls to any number of computers as long as you are not using the optional use OPC client capabilities.
- Additional Development Users: To make it easy and affordable to satisfy this requirement, we offer additional development licenses at a significant discount and for large organizations (6 or more development computers), we offer a site development license. If you only have one development computer, you only need to buy one
development license, period.
- If you will be using the OPC client capabilities of the controls
- you will need an OPC deployment license for that computer if you want to be able to communicate to OPC servers for more than 10 minutes at a time. Unlimited OPC Deployment License packs are available.
Application Deployment Computers: (i.e machines you
are putting your compiled application on)
- No additional licenses needed if you are not using the optional use OPC
client capabilities in the ActiveX controls
- No additional licenses needed if you are only using the
ActiveX controls on one machine for both development and deployment of your application, and you are NOT using OPC
capabilities in the controls.
- OPC Deployment license is required if and ONLY if you will be using the optional use OPC
client capabilities in the ActiveX controls. All computers using the OPC capabilities, runtime or development,
require an OPC deployment license.
- If you are an integrator or consultant who writes custom
applications for multiple customers or a machinery/equipment OEM and you want to deploy these ActiveX controls with OPC capability simply purchase the Unlimited OPC Deployment License along with your development license and you are done - no per machine fees, no counting of licenses - a simple one time license purchase and away you go!
- If you will be creating a product for commercial sale as a
standard software product and using these controls in your product and you are not bundling your software product with
OEM machinery, you may need a special license. Examples would include a company offering a standard, off-the-shelf
HMI product or creating an ActiveX control you plan to see that includes our controls as part of your ActiveX control.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
An OPC client deployment license with no limits on the number of
units distributed at runtime is only US$ 1,095.00. .